John 4:24 - “God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
Examples of Outward Displays of Worship Found in the Bible:
Bowing - Psalm 95:6a
Kneeling - Psalm 95:6b
Laying Facedown - Genesis 17:3
Standing - Psalm 119:120
Dancing - Psalm 149:3
Clapping - Psalm 47:1
Singing - Psalm 47:6
Raising Hands - Psalm 63:4
• Why are outward displays of worship helpful?
• What postures might you try that you haven’t tried before?
• Why do we we need to connect any expressions of outward worship with an internal heart of worship? (Matt 15:8)
• In Psalm 43:5, King David speaks to his soul to rise up and praise God. When your soul doesn’t feel like praising God what are some things you might try to get your soul engaged in worship?
• What are the benefits of corporate worship versus personal worship?
Worship happens best when we have a time, a place, and a plan.
• What time and day(s) do you plan to worship God this week? Put them in your calendar right now.
• Where will you worship God this week?
• What is your plan for your time of worship?
• During your first planned worship time consider reading this from the Apostle Paul in Ephesians 1:17-23,
"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all."
Photographer. Designer. Colorist.