John 10:27-28 - ”My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.“
Psalm 32:8-9 - ”I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. Do not be as the horse or as the mule which have no understanding, whose trappings include bit and bridle to hold them in check, otherwise they will not come near to you.”
Psalm 23:1-3 - ”The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.”
Isaiah 40:11 - ”He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to his heart; He gently leads those that have young.”
• What are four steps to hearing God’s voice?
From Gary’s recent class on “Hearing God’s Voice.” View session or notes
1. You must be rightly related to Him through faith in Jesus Christ. (Rom. 10:13-14)
2. You must want to hear. You are willing to spend the time and to discipline yourself before Him. You are willing to seek His face with all diligence to hear from Him. (Jer. 29:13, Deut. 4:29)
3. You must be willing to obey Him. Why should He speak to you if He knows you aren’t going to listen? (John 7:17)
4. You must be humble. If you want to hear from God in order to bring attention to yourself, you won’t hear from God. (Isa. 66:2, 2 Cor. 12:7)
• What can hinder us from hearing from God? Examples might include some of these passages: 1 Pet. 3:7, 4:7, Psalm 34:10-12, Psalm 66:18, Proverbs 28:9, Mark 11:25, James 1:5-7.
• What are examples of different ways in which God speaks? Here is a helpful article with some common examples we find in the Bible: https://bible.org/seriespage/3-special-revelation
• What should we do if someone tells us they have heard God’s voice? 1 John 4:1, I Cor. 14:29; I Thess. 5:21.
• Can you share a time when you knew that God spoke to you?
• What are some things you plan to do this week to hear God’s voice better?
Photographer. Designer. Colorist.