2 Tim. 2:15 - “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.”
• Why should we believe that the word of truth, the Bible, is something worthy of study?
Jesus affirmed the Old Testament as true when responding to doctrinal error (Matt. 4:4,7,10 and Matt. 22:29) and accurate in every letter (Matt. 5:18). Also, Jesus says in John 16:13 that people (Apostle Paul and writers of the Gospels) would come after Him who would write the New Testament through the power of the Holy Spirit. Paul affirms this statement in 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
• What is the difference between a short devotional reading God’s Word and studying God’s Word?
In his book Bible Study Methods, Rick Warren describes the following ways to study the Bible:
• Describe any of these methods you have tried before, and explain why they can be helpful ways to study God’s Word.
Here are some common tools that people can use when studying the Bible:
Bible Book Outlines
• Which of these tools have you used before, and why were they helpful?
• If you learn something in the Bible that no one has ever discovered before, what should you think?
• How much time do you think you can invest in studying the Bible each week?
• When do you plan to study the Word this month? Put the days and times in your calendar.
• What is your plan when you sit down to study? (Which method, which Scriptures, etc... ?)
• Would you be willing to share next week, briefly, what you learned through your Bible study this week?
• What are some helpful free resources that might be useful in Bible study?
https://www.biblegateway.com (Many Bible Versions, commentaries)
• What are helpful resources to purchase for Bible study?
• What time and day(s) do you plan to worship God this week?
• What time and day(s) do you plan to pray to God this week?
• When do you plan to study the Bible this week?
• What passage from the Bible and what method of Bible study do you plan to use when you sit down to study?
Photographer. Designer. Colorist.